The 2023 Alfred K. Whitehead Legislative Conference will be a held from March 5-8, 2023, at the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
1. Click on REGISTER MYSELF or REGISTER SOMEONE ELSE button (you can only register thru FIREPAC for yourself, not for someone else).
2. Select a Registration Option (if you are contributing to US FIREPAC, you must confirm the statements, Click SAVE responses & proceed to step 3).
3. Click ADD to select workshops.
4. Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
5. On the next page you MUST click SUBMIT ORDER at the bottom of the page to receive a confirmation email.
The Legislative Conference has long been the cornerstone of the IAFF's legislative efforts. The IAFF has won many significant victories over the years - from the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) program that promotes safe fire ground staffing, to ensuring IAFF members and other 9/11 first responders receive the healthcare they deserve, to defeating legislation designed to undermine our members' defined benefit pensions - due in large measure to the work of IAFF affiliate leaders during this Conference.
IAFF members may join the FIREPAC Chairman’s Council or FIREPAC Leadership Trust (U.S. and Canada) when registering. The FIREPAC option is available only to IAFF members. United States federal election law prohibits the solicitation of non-IAFF members.
Your decision to contribute via this FIREPAC option is purely voluntary and the suggested FIREPAC contribution amounts are merely guidelines. You are free to contribute more or less than the suggested amounts and you will not be favored or disadvantaged by reason of the amount of your contribution or decision not to contribute to FIREPAC.
1. Your personal, voluntary FIREPAC contribution by personal credit card of $500 or more ($550 standard registration) provides you membership in the Leadership Trust, or $750 FIREPAC contribution provides you membership in the Chairman’s Council.
2. U.S. members who select one of the FIREPAC options to register must submit a personal check payable to IAFF FIREPAC or use a personal credit card. U.S. Members cannot use a union or corporate check/credit card or seek reimbursement for their contribution to FIREPAC.
3. One person cannot write a personal check or use a personal credit card to cover multiple registrants contributing to FIREPAC.
Please note that contributions to FIREPAC are not tax deductible and previous FIREPAC contributions and monthly deductions via FIREPAC Check-Off cannot be applied toward the FIREPAC registration option.
The standard registration fee for the Alfred K. Whitehead Legislative Conference is $550.
Two Options for Making FIREPAC Contributions:
1. FIREPAC Chairman's Council
IAFF members making a personal, voluntary contribution of $750 or more to FIREPAC will be enrolled in the FIREPAC Chairman’s Council and registered for LegCon. Registrants using the FIREPAC option will receive a Chairman’s Council pin and a special gift, along with recognition on the IAFF website. Registration must be submitted online!
2. FIREPAC Leadership Trust
IAFF members making a personal, voluntary contribution of $500 or more ($550 standard registration) to FIREPAC will be enrolled in the FIREPAC Leadership Trust and registered for LegCon. Registrants using the FIREPAC option will receive a Leadership Trust pin and recognition on the IAFF website. Registration must be submitted online!